Food, food, oh wonderfully delicious nutritious food. Well, not always nutritious…. right????!!!!
The most common / frequent questions I get asked pertain to food.
Junk food seems to have a death grip on people. By junk food, I mean all of that processed, high fat, high sugar food-that makes you weak in the knees, round in the belly and flabby all over.
If fat loss is your goal then you have to change your eating. End of story.
You can just poke around with “healthy” eating. You can’t have the odd salad and consider your nutrition healthy.
You cannot out train a bad diet. That simply means, unless you have the time to commit several hours per day, working out at an intense level you cannot eat junk.
If you are making excuses about why you went off the wagon or why you choose to eat poorly, you won’t get to your goal. It really is that simple.
You know what I am talking about. You’ve probably heard them yourself. Here’s a couple of the frequent excuses:
- My family came over, we had to order pizza or takeout
- We were on vacation
- My family doesn’t like “healthy” food (**cough* that’s your fault)
- I was at a friend’s house, I had to eat what I was served
and the #1 reason…
- I don’t have time to make healthy meals…whatever!
The list goes on and on.
I can put together a ton of different meal plans for you, but if you don’t bother to follow them then I can’t help and neither can anyone else (ethically and safely).
Be real; take responsibility for your actions or more specifically, your hand to mouth action and your physical inaction.
Please believe me. Please listen to me. I have lost over 200lbs – the only way to lose fat is to eat real food (vegetables, lean protein, non processed carbs) and to exercise.
Answer these questions:
- Do you want a lean body?
- Do you want to be in your goal size?
- Do you want to have energy and not be sluggish?
- Do you want a long and healthy life?
If you answered “yes” to those questions, THEN EAT REAL FOOD. EAT FOR THE BODY YOU WANT
It’s only as hard as you choose make it.
Protein Shake Contest WINNER!!!!
I was so happy to see all of the creations everyone came up with!!
It was really tough to choose and it was really close.
Sheri’s Frozen Chai Latt’EH (Canadian style)
- 4oz strong brewed chai tea (from tea bag) chilled or room temperature (if you don’t have chai tea, you can use regular tea and use more of the spices below
- 1 frozen banana (optional)
- 1 scoop of vanilla boot camp protein powder
- couple of dashes of what you like: cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, ice cubes
Blend and enjoy!!
Thanks again for everyone who took the time to put your recipes together. My family and I had a lot of fun taste-testing your entries!